Enroll Today! Join Alan T. Sugiyama High School at South Lake Today!
1. What activities will the students do? Students will program beats, feature a vocalist and record a vocal performance, as well as learn a brief history of the art of DJ’ing and how it influences modern day music production.
2. What skills will they learn? Students will learn basic recording, midi-production, mixing fundamentals, song structure, and arrangements.
3. How will the student be a better person? After this course, students will be able to express their self through music, building confidence and enhancing their social and networking skills.
4. What opportunities will they be exposed to? Students will learn the essential skills to be in the music industry and build a career from a seasoned veteran. Students will also have the opportunity to meet like-minded students and build their network.
Here are examples of various audio careers:
AUDIO PRODUCTION SERVICES
• Music Producer/Arranger
• Recording Engineering
• Mix Engineering
• Mastering Services
• Live Concert Recording Engineering
• Live Concert Engineering
• Music for Film
• Analog to Digital Transfers
Vitamin D's Goals: To help students to ultimately build skills and passion for the music industry and culture.
Derrick Brown, aka Vitamin D, is a Record Producer, DJ, and Audio Engineer raised in Seattle. He is widely acknowledged as one of the most important contributors to the Seattle hip-hop scene and beyond. Vitamin D has composed, produced, engineered and mixed countless classics in the music industry throughout his 27 year career. He has worked with such artists as Macklemore, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, and Snoop Dog to name a few. You can hear a sample of Vitamin D’s production on the television series Power’s opening theme song, Big Rich Town by 50 Cent. Vitamin D continues to support the community by whole-heartedly mentoring many up and coming artists in the Pacific Northwest music scene.
Sign up to hear about our achievements, reaching fundraising goals, news and events.